Saturday, June 11, 2011

WELCOME!

Welcome to my new blog for Tom Jenkins Yacht Sales!
After being in the luxury yacht sales business for over 30 years, you would think that I would have a lot to say.  Well, I do!  So, in this blog, I’ll be bringing you information, opinions, advice, news and trends, interviews with marine professionals, new products, videos, photos, and more as I become more and more familiar with the blogging process.  I hope that you will share comments and content requests with me as I work to bring you informative and entertaining content!
In the last 30 years, I've seen many cycles and the current cycle is just another to be worked through by those that love the water and love being out on it.  Personally, I think yachting is one of the most enjoyable and relaxing sports of them all -- whether you are cruising or fishing -- a sport because (as with all sports) rules and constants are necessary, skill is required, there is an investment of time, practice, and study, and finally, there are great benefits and rewards.
The rules and the constants are mainly the safety features important to understand prior to enjoying the water.  The skill required varies from basic skills if you are navigating a dinghy to captain’s credentials for the super yacht.  Practice is -- well -- practice, sometimes boring and redundant but often exciting and thrilling when you are learning new skills and becoming “one” with the game.  Study is the extra time you devote to the sport to better understand the fine points and to learn from the experience of the others.  And then, of course, the benefits and rewards are time you can spend safely with family and friends enjoying the pleasures of being on the water; whether coastal cruising, island hopping, or sport fishing.
In my blog, I’ll share things that I enjoy and things I have learned, as well as comments from professionals from within and without the yachting community.  Some things you may know and some people you may have heard of but hopefully, there will be some bits of information that can help you better enjoy the water as much as I do.
I look forward to meeting you here again soon!

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment